Responsible for developing energy efficiency and capital improvement projects, by identifying, assessing and structuring technical and financial solutions to meet customer objectives. With minimal supervision, this individual will identify and quantify energy conservation opportunities associated with HVAC, EMS, building envelope and heating and cooling systems. Responsibilities include site investigations, performing energy savings calculations, developing cost estimates and written descriptions of energy conservation measures in support of Design Build, EPC proposals and technical audits.
- Assist the sales staff to screen and qualify the feasibility of energy efficiency and capital improvement opportunities. This will involve attending selected customer meetings, conducting site trips to collect facility and utility data; and developing and running energy screening models to determine the technical and economic viability of energy efficiency and capital improvement projects. Screening models include: bin analyses, hourly building simulation computer models and commercially-available analysis packages.
- Further develop, define and dimension technically and economically feasible applications by performing preliminary engineering/design, project metering and measurements of critical parameters and coordinating with external vendors and contractors to develop designs and technical proposals.
- Develop technical scope of work for selected technologies and manage internal and external engineering resources in order to determine cost and schedule.
- Perform analyses and generate applications for utility rebates associated with energy efficiency projects.
- Drive the technical due diligence from initial screen until turnover to the project management group for the implementation phase. This will involve identifying known risks (i.e. technical, construction, price, schedule, environmental, warranties, performance guarantees, etc.); indicate impact and how they will be addressed and mitigated.
- Support proposal development. Provide the majority of the proposal input, including detailed technical project descriptions, legal risk and responsibility definitions, financial descriptions and detailed supporting documentation of contractor quotes, simulation results and cost and savings derivations.
- Perform technical consulting assignments as required to support specific client requests.
- Provide assistance to Project Management Group to support implementation of projects, as required.